Founder and managing director
Department of Integral Studies
BMed, Chengdu University of TCM, 1984
Dr. Yan served as Dean of Chengdu University’s acupuncture school, one of the three most prestigious TCM universities in China, where she taught and practiced TCM & biomedicine as a Chief Physician for over 13 years.
After moving to America in 1996, she became a professional practictioner and instructor at the Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin (AOMA), as well as a clinical supervisor at its student intern clinic. Dr. Yan specializes in diet/nutrition, women’s health, and pain and stress management. She also attended culinary school in China, where she learned to integrate herbal treatment with traditional cooking techniques.
She has co-authored seven books on TCM, including three textbooks; four co-authored with Dr. Wu.
Diplomate and certifications:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1984
- Licensed acupuncturist, issued by Texas, # 443
- Board certified for Acupuncture by the National Certification Commission (NCCAOM)
Involvement in professional organizations:
- Former member, Texas Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (TATOM);
- Former Member, China Acupuncture and Moxibustion Association (CAMA)